Sunday, August 12, 2012

Anna Sui 400

So I had my eye on this set for a while.  I get stupid about spending money sometimes though.  I think.. I can't afford this, and then I do not buy it.  Stupid me.  I went back and bought it.


I took pictures of each side of the box and then decided that was excessive so here is the front of the box.



What is with the bad guy moustache?



Interestingly in my search for an image of Snidely Whiplash I came across this fellow


Anyways!  This is what was in the box.


This is what was in the pretty purple paper


8 ml bottles.  2 of them for $26 CAD.  One is a duochrome and 1 is a glitter.  They smell like roses or something floralish.  The smell is pretty strong.  I could smell it while typing.  I didn't dislike it though.  I have no idea how long it lasts for or if topcoat kills it.

Here is the 500 which I did not swatch.




I performed my standard duochrome test on 400.  Take the bottle and hold it in front of you at around boob level.  Then slowly lift it up to eye level.  If there is duochrome, this will bring it out to play.  I have yet to be wrong!  The same tactic works for irking out the duochrome on the nail.  Boob to eye people, boob to eye.




Originally, I figured this was a layering polish.  I was wrong.  It could be a 1 coater if you were careful.  I did 2 coats.  I must brace you before you see these.  I am swatching with my right hand because my left is so mangled.  I did a shit job.  My right hand cuticles are not in good shape either, but there were no gross scabs.  Not my finest work.. but here it is :\



There is even some duochrome in full sun!  I do not often observe this.




I still need to swatch 500.  It is very pretty.  There was another set of 2 polishes that I did not buy.. but now I have regret :|

Pin It

11 comments:

  1. this is pretty! i love the little blue box it comes in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree, the box is super cute. Not sure what to put in it now though.

      Delete
  2. such a pretty set & the duo on 400 is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I have no clue what to fill it with.. cotton pads?

      Delete
  4. This is super adorable! The packaging is so girly and the polish is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this whole post. And especially "no gross scabs." HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you! I was under the impression that most of the ramblings were for my own benefit and that no one actually read my big blocks of text!

      Delete
  6. Holy acetone this is coming to me TOMORROW. I was searching for swatches online yesterday but didn't see this til just now? ROUND GLITTER OMG. I'm painting my cage box black, I think. Another awesome post!

    ReplyDelete