Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Cult Nails - Midnight Masquerade Collection

Space Cadet is one of my all time favourite polishes. Top 5. Maybe #1. My mother braved the bay of all evil to get it for me when I one day announced on facebook that I would die one thousand deaths if I did not own it. Love. When I saw the email for this collection and looked at the bottle shot for Masquerade I new I needed it. It seemed very similar to Orly Space Cadet. As you will see below, they are not so similar after all.

First up is Ms. Conduct. I love this name. This is a lovely, potentially 1 coat, dark taupe creme. It's sort of a greyed browny purple on me. It is a bit thick which can make clean up a PITA. I would say do it right away or wait for it to dry or it is going to pull on you and fuck up.

This is 2 coats no top coat.


Next up is the reason I actually bought this collection. I mean, I really wanted Masquerade, but this one was something like nothing I have in my collection. Midnight Mist is an army kinda olive green with strong copper pink shimmer. The shimmer in this hides in the shade, but comes out in indoor lighting. I would have taken her out into the sun, but I live in Vancouver.. WHOMP FUCKING WHOMP. The formula on this one was nice. Thin, but not terribly thin.

This is 2 coats with no top coat.

Indoors
 Outdoors
 Indoors

Last up is a comp of Orly Space Cadet and Masquerade.


 This is 3 coats of each. I did take pictures coat by coat but they were too janky to post. They both have a green thing going on, but Masquerade is much more teal green and darker. The shimmer is also a bit more sparse and isn't as duochrome as Space Cadet. It isn't as shifty, though as you can see below the pink shimmer in both does have a green shift.

Space Cadet is on the pinky and middle fingers.




Thanks for looking. Sorry for sucking lately. I still need to reswatch the 2nd half of the CrowsToes Halloween collection. I have the pictures, but I think they suck. If I get desperate I might post them. I haven't much been interested in swatching lately. I think I lost my mojo, baby. Pin It

1 comment:

  1. gah, lemmings....lemmings EVERYWHERE!!! <3 These pics are gorgeous and I love the Space Cadet vs Masquerade comp. I would have thought they'd be the same too! Verrry interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete